17 July 2020
The fourth Revision incorporates the following updates:
- The IATF 16949 Monitoring period is expanded to last 90 days and starts 30 days before the end of the 2nd 90 day surveillance audit extension
- For surveillance audits, the certificate is withdrawn if no IATF 16949 Monitoring is conducted or a low risk result is not achieved
- The latest possible extended recertification audit is aligned with IATF Rules, 5th Edition time allowances
- Clarification on when onsite audits must be conducted
- Clarification that the IATF 16949 Monitoring information includes data from related Remote Support Location processes
- Clarified criteria for high risk and low risk assessments during IATF 16949 Monitoring(s)
- Clarification on steps if high risk is assessed during an IATF 16949 Monitoring
- Clarified criteria for the 100% resolved status of nonconformities
- Simplification of FAQ 2, clarification for FAQ 7 and newly added FAQ 8
All changes to previously communicated requirements are highlighted in red.
03 June 2020
The purpose of the OEM Coummunique below is to advise all IATF recognize Certification Bodies and Suppliers to Groupe PSA the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19)
18 May 2020
The purpose of the Communiqué below is to advise all IATF-recognized certification bodies, suppliers, and other key stakeholders that the IATF has approved additional Sanctioned Interpretations (SI 9-10) related to Rules 5th Edition.
- CB Communique 2020-005 – Rules 5th Edition Sanctioned Interpretations (SIs)
The purpose of the Stakeholder Communiqué below is to advise all IATF stakeholders the completion of the steps to incorporate Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Limited into the IATF 16949 scheme processes and systems.
28 April 2020
The IATF has approved the Communique below to advise all IATF Stakeholders that the Auditor Guide for IATF 16949 – 4th Edition has been updated.
21 April 2020
The IATF has launched an ethics and concerns reporting link on the IATF Global Oversight website. Stakeholders may raise concerns regarding perceived violations of the Rules for Achieving and Maintaining IATF Recognition (5th Edition) or the IATF’s Automotive Quality Management Systems standard (IATF 16949). These potential concerns could be about IATF approved Certification Bodies, IATF 3rd party auditors, IATF 16949 certified organizations, or IATF Global Oversight Offices.
The ethics and compliance concerns reporting process is hosted by a third-party provider, called EthicsPoint (managed by Navex Global), and will be monitored by the five IATF Global Oversight Offices. Please see Stakeholder Communique 2020-003 below for more details.
24 March 2020
The IATF has issued IATF Stakeholder Communique SC-2020-002 to begin work on Rules 6th Edition. To improve the clarity of requirements of the existing Rules 5th Edition, IATF needs to understand where the Rules are not clear to stakeholders or where stakeholders may have other opportunities for improvement. Your feedback is critical to the success of the process. Please complete the survey in this Communique before June 30, 2020.
17 March 2020
The document below is a new communication concept that we are launching to share information with all Stakeholders. The CB Communique process that we have used for many years to communicate directly with CBs will remain. As you are aware there are a number of initiatives that go beyond the CBs and will impact certified organisations, for example; data analytics, CARA and JLR’s integration into the scheme. This IATF Stakeholder Communique process allows us to speak directly to all interested parties. We intend to issue these IATF Stakeholder Communique’s to CBs one week ahead of publication on the IATF Global Oversight Website.
10 March 2020
The training and quiz modules for auditing FMEA and Control Plan and auditing MSA and SPC have been updated on the IATF ADP. Please see CB Communique 2020-003 below for more details.
28 February 2020
The IATF has approved CB Communique 2020-002 to advise IATF certification bodies of the updated process to register and renew IATF 16949 auditors with CCAA (as originally defined in CB Communiqué 2017-005). Please contact your relevant IATF Oversight Office if you have any questions.
18 December 2019
The IATF Oversight Office at the VDA QMC located in Berlin, Germany has an immediate vacancy and is looking for a specialist to support the IATF Certification Scheme.
Please note that this position is a full-time position in Berlin, Germany. The applicant has to be fluent in German and English whereas the application has to be made in German.
The detailed job description can be found in the attached .pdf document below. Please use the link to the VDA online application portal described in the job posting.
07 November 2019
The IATF OEMs have started to develop reference tools to explain key functionality and metrics within the IATF OEM supplier performance scorecards. These reference tools are called Scorecard Pocket Guides. The Pocket Guides are useful to both certified organizations and to Certification Bodies for audit planning, review of customer performance data and on-site review of customer scorecards.
Ford Motor Company’s Scorecard Pocket Guide is now available and listed below. Others are being developed and will be posted when they are approved.
25 October 2019
The IATF conducted a Stakeholder Event in Enghien-Les-Bains, France on 16 October 2019. A number of certified organizations and Certification Bodies participated. The objective was to inform the suppliers and certification bodies about some of the upcoming projects and the IATF Vision and Strategy initiatives, including CARA (common audit report application), non-conformity management (top NCs), the Data Analytics pilot that some IATF OEMs and some Oversight Offices are testing. All supporting the overall theme of the Stakeholder event, which was certification must equal product quality. The presentations from the event are available for download. Please click the links below to view.
- Paris IATF Stakeholder Event – IATF Vision and Strategy
- Paris Stakeholder Event – Introduction – Certification Must Equal Product Quality
- Paris Stakeholder Event – Software in Automotive
- Paris IATF Stakeholder Event – Data Analytics – CB Breakout
- Paris IATF Stakeholder Event – IATF CARA Project – CB Breakout
- Paris IATF Stakeholder Event – NC Mgmt – Supplier Breakout
- Paris IATF Stakeholder Event – Data Analytics – Supplier Breakout