07 October 2021
Geely Group has issued their Customer Specific Requirements for IATF 16949:2016. Please see below links for IATF Stakeholder Communique SC-2021-003 and Geely Customer Specific Requirements in Chinese and English
06 October 2021
At the request of LGAI Technological Center SA, the contract with the IATF will be terminated effective 31st December 2021. Therefore LGAI Technological Center SA will no longer be recognized by the IATF as a Certification Body for IATF 16949 certification effective 1st January 2022. In response to this, the IATF developed a transfer process including several waivers and concessions to support those organizations currently certified by LGAI to transfer to another IATF-recognized Certification Body. Please see below for the process.
20 September 2021
The IATF has approved the following CB Communiques to be released.
- CB Communique 2021-010 describes the changes to the new auditor training and qualification process.
- CB Communique 2021-011 describes the necessary Rules changes and needs to be issued along with the attached Rules 5th SI attachment. Note: SI 3 & 4 have been revised and reissued. They become effective in Jan 2022.
12 August 2021
Stellantis (ex FCA) and Stellantis (ex PSA) have updated their Quick Reference Guides and Screen Images. Please find below their updated files.
21 July 2021
The IATF has revised and reissued both SIs 3 and 10 plus issued new SIs 21and 22 related to IATF 16949. Please find below CB Communique 2021-009 and the IATF 16949 SIs.
- CB Communique 2021-009 IATF 16949 Sanctioned Interpretations (SIs)
- IATF 16949 Sanctioned Interpretations (SIs)
- The revised SI 10 is related to section 184.108.40.206.2 (External Laboratory) and is effective August 2021.
- The revised SI 3 is related to 220.127.116.11 (Contingency Plans) and is effective November 2021.
- The new SIs 21 and 22 are related to 18.104.22.168 (Risk Analysis) and 7.2.1 (Competence – supplemental) respectively and are effective November 2021.
14 June 2021
The IATF has revised and reissued both SI 9,10 and 20 plus issued new SI 29 related to Rules 5th Edition. Please find below CB Communique 2021-007 and Rules 5th Edition SIs.
- CB Communique 2021-007 Rules 5th Edition Sanctioned Interpretations (SIs)
- Rules 5th Edition Sanctioned Interpretations (SIs)
- The revised SI 9 & 10 is related to the Foreword and section 5.8 (Conducting onsite audit activities).
- The revised SI 20 and new SI 29 is related to the section 5.14 (Letter of Conformance) and is effective 1 July 2021.
01 June 2021
The sixth Revision of the IATF Measures Coronavirus Pandemic COVID-19 document incorporates the following updates:
- Two new Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) were added: FAQs no. 10 and no. 11
- Best Practices for remote audits were added
- Minor clarifications were introduced on pages 11, 15 and 26
All changes to the previously communicated Revision 5 are highlighted in red.
18 May 2021
Stellantis (ex PSA) have updated their Customer Specific Requirements. Please find below the updated file.
30 April 2021
BMW Group have updated their Customer Specific Requirements. Please find below the updated file.
08 April 2021
At the IATF 2021 Spring meeting, the IATF unanimously voted to welcome Geely Group into the IATF as an OEM voting member. This marks a significant milestone in the history of the IATF as Geely Group will be the first Asia member to join the IATF and is a clear signal of IATF’s intent to boost the scheme’s growth around the world.
Please see below links to CB Communique 2021-006 and IATF Stakeholder Communique SC-2021-002 announcing Geely Group’s membership in the IATF.
06 April 2021
The IATF has revised and reissued both SI 10 and FAQ 7 related to IATF 16949:2016. Please find below CB Communique 2021-005 and their related files.
- CB Communique 2021-005 – IATF 16949 SIs and FAQs
- IATF 16949:2016 Sanctioned Interpretations (SIs)
- The revised SI 10 for the IATF 16949:2016 standard is related to section 22.214.171.124.2 (External Laboratory) and is effective June 2021
- IATF 16949:2016 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- The revised FAQ 7 for the IATF 16949:2016 standard is also related to 126.96.36.199.2 (External Laboratory).
06 April 2021
The International Automotive Task Force (IATF) Oversight Office in France, known as IATF France, is seeking qualified candidates who are interested in becoming an IATF witness auditor. The ideal candidate would be an active third-party IATF 16949 auditor or have a minimum of four (4) years practical experience working in automotive manufacturing (or similar scope of applicability) to be considered.
We are seeking two candidates who are fluent in French and English or Spanish and English. The detailed job description can be found below. To apply, please send your resume, or CV, to Mr Eric Canu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs Mailys Inyuma (email@example.com).